Tuesday, July 29, 2008

auughhh!

Was that a gecko or a cockroach running across the floor? I went into the guest bedroom to turn off the playstation, and I saw something big run from the bed to under the TV... It was fast and looked wiggly, so I think it was a gecko, but if it was a cockroach and it was that big and fast, I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep!

Back home, the high is 58 degrees and there are no weird bugs or indoor lizards, unless you could the cheesy lounge variety that still populates San Francisco in spite of the fact that wearing a leopard cowboy hat is not, nor ever has been cool.

Not that I'm homesick. I just don't think I should have to coexist indoors with creepy crawlies. Key West is one human family, not one family of weird humans and various insects and reptiles.

I'm not mad at the gecko; quite the opposite. Homie eats the bugs for me. But I just wish they wouldn't take me by surprise. I'd hate to squeal and wake up the babies.

No comments: